Requisition Number 12-0173
Post Date 4/3/2012
Title Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
Position Summary:Provides accident prevention and en
force pool rules while maintaining a safe aquatics environment. Also, provides private and group swim instruction to clients. Maintains a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of your clients swimming goals. Responsibleforproviding and the best customer service and hospitality to all members and guests.
· Maintain watch over the pool area ensuring a secure and safe environment by enforcing pool rules and regulations
· Employ accident prevention as the primary goal of work place responsibility
· When prevention fails, respond as a rescue expert with solid judgment and in accordance with established standards and practices.
· Respond to all injuries, incidents, and emergencies as directed by club policy
· Teach private & group swim lesson to kids and adults of all abilities
· Focus on client retention and make sure swimming is enjoyableforeveryone
· Provide swim evaluations to help parents decide which group level is bestfortheir child. Assist with the registration process when necessary
· Maintain accurate, current records on all client’s progress & fee payments
· Be approachable, visible and helpful to all pool patrons
· Demonstrate a positive concernforachieving good public relations with all members. The challenge is to maximize the patrons’ enjoyment while minimizing or eliminating their riskforinjury.
· Take all steps necessary to ensure that the facility is safe and that all equipment is in proper order and stored in designated areas when not in use. Notify Aquatics Director of all emergencies, faulty equipment or unresolved concerns.
· Arrive punctuallyforall scheduled shifts, meetings or activities
· Submit proper administrative paperworkforall payroll according to schedule
· Actively participate in the operations of the aquatics department. Assist in other areas of aquatics when needed.
· Assist in the development, implementation and marketing of innovative swim programs
· Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications must be current, as well as Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification
Previous experience with lifeguarding and/or teaching swim lessons is required
Enthusiastic, responsible and team oriented
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent customer service attitude and abilities