**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. invites applicants for a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track faculty position as an assistant professor of human performance-physical education in the School of Human Performance and Recreation in the College of Health.
This nine-month, entry-level tenure-track faculty position requires teaching undergraduate coursework in a physical education teacher education program, supervision of teacher interns, teaching graduate course work at the master's and doctoral level, supervising graduate-level research, assisting with the assessment and evaluation of the programs, and advising undergraduate and graduate students. Research and service are also expected. This position is based in Hattiesburg, Miss., and has a start date of August 15, 2013. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This tenure-track appointment at the assistant level involves teaching undergraduate coursework in a physical education teacher education program, supervision of teacher interns, teaching graduate course work at the master's and doctoral level, supervising graduate-level research, assisting with the assessment and evaluation of the programs, and advising undergraduate and graduate students. Applicants should include evidence of high-quality teaching and also show potential for an active research program.
1) Earned PhD or EdD (degree awarded by August, 2013) in physical education or a related field
2) Three years of physical education teaching experience in K-12 schools
3) Strong written and oral communication skills
4) Indicators of abilities to engage in effective teaching and research
5) Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with students and faculty from diverse backgrounds, programs and colleges
6) Coursework or experience teaching physical education methods courses, supervision of teaching, adaptive physical education, tests and measurement, motor development or motor learning
1) Experience and/or ability to supervise practicum experiences and physical education teacher interns
2) Experience developing and delivering quality online instruction
To ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be submitted to the Southern Miss website at ****(job posting #0002467) by January 15, 2013. All questions should be directed to Dr. Trenton E. Gould, ****
Required documents include the following:
Contact Information for Three References
Founded in 1910, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a comprehensive doctoral and research-extensive university fulfilling its mission of being a leading university in engaging and empowering individuals to transform lives and communities. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., which enrolls approximately 17,000 students each year, is the only dual-campus university in Mississippi with campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach. Six additional teaching and research sites are located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and in Meridian. Learn more at ****
The University of Southern Mississippi
Dr. Trent Gould
Phone : 601-266-6339
Fax : 601-266-4445
Website : http://www.usm.edu