Providence Nonprofit Jobs
city, state, country
job title, keywords
View All Jobs
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Title: Recreation Assistant
Providence is calling a Recreation Assistant to Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Recreation Assistant to work with clients (individuals receiving services, whether they are designated as clients, participants, residents or patients) in recreation under the direction of the Recreation Therapy Director.
In this position you will:
* Assist with one-on-one program activities at regular intervals as assigned.
* Conduct client assessments to determine interests and hobbies and documents each client’s participation on progress flow sheet. Understand the individual care plan and focus on the objectives during groups.
* Plan and implement group and individual activities during main program hours.
* Assist with keeping activity locations adequately stocked with one-on-one supplies and equipment.
* Work with volunteers assigned to the recreation department.
* Assist in Community outings.
* Maintain bulletin boards with themes or changes as needed to reflect current events.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* A valid Washington State driver’s license and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites
* Current CPR Certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Two years experience working with a diverse population, with physical and cognitive disabilities, in a skilled nursing facility, assisted living, or Alzheimer center.
* Be 21 years of age or older
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in neighborhoods” and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
Job: Support Services