Work In Sports
Years of Experience
1 to 2 Years
About the Job
Kansas City pro sports team is currently looking for highly motivated and passionate self-starters to join their sales team. The ideal candidates will have a passion for the sports industry, a solid foundation of sales training and the ability to initiate phone calls, emails, face-to-face appointments and create new innovative programs to drive attendance and revenue for the organization.
The Sales Associate job is a full-time position with benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maximization of revenue through the sale of our ticket packages including premium inventory, season tickets, partial plans, and group tickets for our Park
- Cold call lead lists, and prospect for new business
- Meet or exceed daily call and appointment targets
- Meet or exceed yearly sales targets
- Build effective and prosperous relationships with current customer base to ensure repeat business and referral of other sales prospects
- Network with local business and organizations in an effort to acquire sales leads
- Maintain and continually grow a prospect database and track new sales leads
- Proactively look and prospect for new leads and customers
- Assist in the planning and execution of our various related events and activities
- Attend weekly meetings and role-play training sessions conducted by Sales Associate Manager
- Attend all of our home games, and fulfill game night duties as assigned by management
Ideal Candidates Must Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Business, Marketing, or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Aggressive and competitive nature
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Self motivated and self-starter mind-set
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented and organized approach
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays as necessary
Work In Sports L.L.C.
Website : http://www.workinsports.com
Scottsdale, Arizona-based WorkInSports.com quickly established itself as the #1 job board and employment resource in the sports industry. Led by co-founders John Mellor and Jason Backs, Work In Sports made a name for itself in 2001 by partnering with Sports Illustrated to provide exclusive sports employment/career content for their official website, SI.com. Since 2000, WorkInSports.com has assisted almost 500,000 job seekers with their job search. In addition, we have worked with and posted jobs for over 4,000 different employers in the sports industry.