Head Football Coach
Thomas Jefferson High School
Salary is based upon the DCTA agreement with DPS. More information can be found in Article 32 of the DCTA agreement. Payments will be paid in either an hourly wage or in the form of a stipend for current salaried DPS teachers.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is currently recruiting for coaching opportunities at various schools across the district. The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Athletics will provide opportunities for participants as an extension of academics in a competitive and wholesome environment. DPS Athletics will emphasize the promotion of life skills, citizenship, cooperation and work ethic in an interscholastic environment.
• Teaching fundamental and advanced skills and working with athletes to prepare them for competition
• Required to travel and monitor children off school grounds on bus and at destination.
• Expert on the rules, strategies, and techniques required for the sport
• Responsible for the coordination and recruitment of student participants
• Communication with parents, players, staff, media and school personnel
• Knowledge and compliance of rules and regulations set forth by DPS Athletic Board of Control, CHSAA and the school district
• Regular attendance at scheduled practices, games, and parent/coaches meetings
• All other duties as assigned
Licensure and Certification:
• Current CPR Certification (or ability to obtain one prior to coaching – online CPR not accepted)
• Teacher Certification (preferred but not required)
• Completion of CHSAA Coaching Registration (if qualified certificated teacher not available)
Education and Experience:
• Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma
• Previous coaching experience or experience working with youth preferred
• Successful completion of a criminal history background check, fingerprints, and reference check
Due to the volume of applicants; you will be contacted only if an interview is requested.