Destination Hotels & Resorts
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients' expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
We provide the framework and structure you would expect from an industry leading hospitality operator and balance it with a sense of entrepreneurial spirit that defines who we are - freedom from rigid structure, the ability to think without boundaries, a sense of ownership and access to the most sophisticated tools in an environment that is built for success. We seek talented leaders who think independently, are prepared to move beyond implementing someone else's plan and are ready to create their own.
The Recreation Manager will organize, lead and develop all capacities of recreation at the Lansdowne Resort. This individual will help foster the growth of all family and children activities, ensure top level guest services is being exhibited in all components of Recreation while at the same time driving volume in participation and revenue up for the department. The Recreation Manager will help maintain the AAA Four Diamond standard.
The Recreation Manager will always conduct him/herself in manner which supports the guiding principles of Destination Hotels & Resorts:
Acts with the highest ethical standards, treating others fairly & with respect.
Empower a diverse group of talented and prepared people.
Nurture lasting relationships with investors, customers and team members
Achieve optimum investment performance.
Focus on Continuous improvement of quality assets and services.
Consistently work to balance our lives and contribute positively to our communities.
The Recreation Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Lansdowne Resort Culture as well as promoting Lansdowne Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Responsible for knowing all recreation outlet procedures
· Lead supervisors, interns and seasonal staff
· Responsible for training of all full-time, seasonal staff members
· Design and implementation of recreation programs, activities, clubs and events
· Assist Marketing to create the Spring, Summer and Fall/Holiday vacation planners
· New programming ideas and analysis of current programs
· Monitors time punches in Timesaver, ensuring accurate payroll for all associates
· Develops and implements controls for expense management
· Implements strategies to continually improve revenues
· Operation of all outlets including beach services, excursions, kids camp, crafts, activities, Swim Center, Grand Pavilion pools and towel stand.
· Ensure standard operating procedures are in practice
· Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of all outlets
· Ensure that staff is knowledgeable and ready for work
· Programming ideas for large and small groups
· Ability to organize, plan and implement an activity
· Ability to speak in front of large groups of people effectively
· Work closely with meeting planners
· Create a dynamic group experience
· Plans and conducts morning stand-up meetings
· Prepares forecasts and reports and assists in the development of the recreation budget
· Learns and maintains an awareness of all safety and emergency procedures and his/her role in assisting during critical times
· Handles daily purchasing, receiving, invoicing and billing
· Assists with the orientation and training of new recreation team members
· Assists in the ongoing training and development of recreation team members
· Supervision of interns and staff in all outlets
· Interviewing, background checks and decision making on staff
· Instills a calm, organized approach in all stressful situations
· Responsible for the scheduling of the recreation staff and interns
· Completes all new hire and termination paperwork
· Coaches and counsels recreation team
· Maintains a safe and pleasant work environment
· Reviews guests feedback through Unifocus and communicates information to team to ensure continual guest satisfaction
· Manages timely completion of performance appraisals
· Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
· Maintains a strong morale and spirit throughout recreation team
· Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Wild Dunes Resort including use of guest name when possible & good eye contact with each guest
· Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
· Communicates pertinent information to team, i.e. in-house VIPs, changes in policies and procedures, resort events, etc.
· Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
· Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
· Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
· Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
Back to Search
Destination Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
Website : http://www.destinationhotels.com
Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become the country's fifth largest independent management company with more than 6,500 employees, over 7,000 guest rooms, and more than $1.7 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property investment, management, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $6 billion in assets nationwide. Destination Hotels & Resorts is unique in the lodging industry in that our primary mission is to create value for guests, investors, and associates in each of our hotels and resorts. We do this by developing an innovative, customized business plan for each property we manage and combining it with the sales, marketing, and operating resources of a company many times our size. This lodging industry expertise, together with the real estate savvy of Lowe, has allowed us to bring an owner's perspective to the hotel management business. Destination Hotels & Resorts is one of the industry's leaders in the management and marketing of high-quality independent properties, many of which we successfully converted from major brand affiliations. Over the years, Destination Hotels & Resorts has grown to be the fifth largest independent management company in the United States, managing a portfolio in excess of a billion dollars.