Position: After-School Soccer & Creative Writing Coach for **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Location: Mission/Excelsior District, San Francisco, California
Hours: 4 - 5 afternoons per week plus Saturday soccer games (15 - 20 hours per week)
Start date: August 20, 2012 (Application deadline August 3)
The After-School Soccer & Creative Writing Coach (SCORES Coach) supports America SCORES mission: America SCORES inspires urban youth to lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world. The SCORES Coach’s role is to manage a high quality soccer and literacy program for public elementary school students. This person is supervised by the School Site Coordinator and America SCORES staff.
The SCORES Coach provides leadership and structure in relation to soccer practices, literacy classes, events, student management, parent outreach, and other program logistics during the 2012-2013 America SCORES season. You will gain leadership skills, experience, and you will build a network of connections within the San Francisco Unified School District and the San Francisco soccer community.
1. Prepare and deliver soccer practices and creative writing lessons for 10 - 20 students.
2. Attend America SCORES coach trainings and professional development sessions.
3. Communicate regularly and effectively with America SCORES staff, school staff, coaches, and parents.
4. Read (and respond when necessary) to weekly email bulletins and other communications.
5. Assist in identification of student/parent recipients for end of the season Awards
Soccer Coach specific responsibilities
1. Use America SCORES soccer curriculum to teach basic soccer skills and rules, and principles of healthy competition such as commitment, leadership, sportsmanship and teamwork.
2. Be present for weekly Saturday game days and other special events.
3. Distribute, collect, and maintain inventory of all soccer equipment issued by America SCORES.
Writing Coach specific responsibilities
1. Use America SCORES literacy curricula to teach creative writing, poetry, presentation skills, and community service-learning through regularly scheduled workshops in a school classroom setting
2. Collect and post student work on the school bulletin board, and submit student work to America SCORES staff for use in publications.
Qualifications: Comfortable working with urban, multi-ethnic children in non-conventional spaces - soccer coaching and/or classroom teaching experience a plus. Must have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills; must be organized, patient, detail-oriented and able to multi-task. Background check and TB test required.
Compensation: Determined based on experience.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Yuri Morales at ****
America SCORES Bay Area
Email : email@example.com