Athletic Trainer, Fluctuating Hours
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, administer preventive treatment and rehabilitation to physical education students and athletes engaged in various intercollegiate sports; assure compliance with health and safety standards; oversee the issuance, maintenance and replacement of athletic injury protective gear and equipment for the college athletic program.
Sick leave, vacation and retirement.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability benefits are voluntary and prorated for less than 40 hour per week employees.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Equipment, materials, and supplies of a college athletic and physical education program.
• Medical terminology and human anatomy.
• First aid and CPR.
• Injury evaluation and proper treatments.
• Modern practices and techniques of preventive and rehabilitative treatment used in athletics.
• Principles, methods and techniques of physical therapy.
• Methods and techniques of properly fitting athletic equipment.
• Record-keeping and report writing techniques.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Administer preventive and rehabilitative treatment to physical education students and athletes.
• Evaluate and treat a variety of athletic and physical education injuries.
• Administer first aid and CPR.
• Perform physical therapy as directed.
• Apply and fit protective taping, padding, braces and related equipment.
• Maintain and repair athletic protective equipment.
• Recognize unsafe conditions which may be potentially dangerous to an athlete.
• Maintain records and prepare reports related to assigned activities.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a variety of athletic and medical equipment.
• Travel to athletic events as assigned.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Work effectively under time constraints.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree with course work in physical education, athletic training or a related field AND two years athletic training experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid First Aid and CPR Certificated issued by an authorized agency.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a National Athletic Trainers Association Certification.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Posting Date: 01/16/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Rate: $24.54 per hour
Work Week: Fluctuating Hours assignment (1734 hours guaranteed)
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Salary Grade: 46.5
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, January 31, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit ****EOE