Westfield Insurance Company
We're an insurance company. With two golf courses. A conference center. And an inn.
And we're looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It's an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
Golf Course Attendant Job Summary
20-40 hours per week
This position will be located at the Country Club
$9.26 an hour
As directed, the Golf Course Attendant performs duties related to Westfield Country Club Golf Operations. Golf Course Attendants are individual contributors who assist agents, employees, members and guests with their golf needs. Duties include the operational areas of the cart barn, pro shop and locker room.
(primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
Performs duties, as directed, related to Westfield Country Club Golf Operations. Duties include the operational areas of the cart barn, pro shop and locker room.
Greets members/guests with a courteous welcome, provides appropriate direction to all areas of the Country Club.
Treats all members, guests, and employees with respect. Maintains neat appearance.
Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Group for our employees, guests and customers.
5. Cart Barn Specific: Loads and unloads golfers clubs. Washes clubs and carts
6. Golf Shop Specific: Registers golfers and assigns tee times, organizes merchandise
7. Locker Room Specific: Organizes guest and members lockers, stocks supplies, provides shoe care
Keeps supervisor promptly and fully informed of any carts in need of repair
Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
Consistently reports to work on time and completes shifts, as scheduled.
11. Regular operation of golf carts and/or other maintenance vehicles in order to accomplish other essential functions outlined above. May have additional travel requirements to fulfill essential functions.
(in order of importance)
1. Possession of a valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
2. Ability to maintain a flexible schedule with the ability to work mornings, afternoons or evenings and weekends.
3. Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leader, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
4. Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
5. Previous cart barn or golf course experience
(specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to operate a vehicle within the parameters of the company driving policy.
• Ability to remain on feet, standing and walking, for the majority of the workday.
• Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 50lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
• Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield Insurance Company
Website : http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/
Westfield is a customer-focused insurance and banking group of businesses. Our winning vision embraces innovation and opportunities in a changing world. Our strength comes through relationships we have built with employees, business partners and customers. The product we offer our customer is peace of mind and our promise of protection is supported by a commitment to service excellence provided by an exceptional team of diverse people.