University of North Texas
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our team.
Under direct supervision of the Director of Strength and Conditioning, the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach is directly responsible for the development and implementation of all Track and Field strength training programs, and other sport(s) assigned by the Director of Strength and Conditioning.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and implement strength, agility, speed and conditioning training.
* Implement sports specific conditioning and speed workouts for male and female athletes.
* Design and implement Olympic based training programs for sports assigned by Director of Strength and Conditioning.
* Mature and advance the health and wellness of student-athletes through the implementation of year-around strength and conditioning programs.
* Develop individualized rehabilitation programs for injured student athletes in accordance with Sports Medicine Department.
* Ensures safety of athletes, including maintaining equipment, spotting of athletes, and proper form and technique.
* Participates with on-campus recruiting of incoming athletes.
* Responsibilities also include assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of the athletic facilities.
* Will be assigned by the Strength & Conditioning Coach to perform other duties.
* Must comply with all NCAA, University, and C-USA rules and regulations.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.Minimum Qualifications The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in coaching in respective sport at Intercollegiate Division I Level.
Preferred Qualifications The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* CPR / AED certified.
* National Strength and Conditioning Assoc., CSCS; or
CSCCa, Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Assoc. -- SCCC.
* Previous experience coaching and/or playing at the NCAA Division IA level or professional level highly preferred.
* Master's Degree Preferred.
University of North Texas
Website : http://www.unt.edu
As one of Texas' largest universities, we offer 100 bachelor's, 83 master's and 37 doctoral degree programs. By providing access, welcoming diversity and strengthening our collaborations with our many educational, business and community partners, as well as building new partnerships across the globe, UNT's faculty and staff work each day to prepare students for the challenges they will meet in our changing world.