City of Eagan
Parks & Recreation
Umpire Arena softball games at the Eagan Civic Arena on Sunday and Wednesday nights from the beginning of March through mid-April (7-week season). Create an interactive and fun experience for all participants.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Wear a headset and MC an interactive game
- Operate a PDA interactive scoreboard for each game
- Assist in registering players each game
- Maintain a calm but exciting atmosphere during games
- Present good stage presence for each game
- Provide consistent and fair rules for all teams/players
- Interpret and enforce game rules and assist with building policies and emergencies
- Assist in the set up and take down of playing field/arena
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform all essential position functions under working conditions and physical demands as described
- One year playing and/or umpiring organized sports
- Must be 18 years of age
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be met to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is regularly required to stand, talk, hear and bend
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee is occasionally required to climb a ladder
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision, and peripheral visions
- Able to multi task
- 100% indoors at Civic Arena
- Work hours will be a combination of days, nights and weekends
- Arena area temperature is kept from 32 degrees up to 90 degrees
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 23rd 2018 at 4:30pm (CST) TO APPLY: Go to ************************
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at **********************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
City of Eagan