PRO Sports Club
Our Flag Football Coach position will help lead our Flag Football Camps, teams, and leagues. This position will work with youth ages 6 to 15 and coach during clinics, team practices, games, and camps. Help instill the love of the game in youth through teaching fundamentals, mentoring, and coaching players of all skill levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Implement practice schedules to help players develop their skills during training.
Promote and Market the Flag Football program to kids and parents through a variety of means.
Coordinates special Flag Football events & promotions. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Coach Youth Flag Football
- Be a leader for our Flag Football program by creating a fun environment for kids with an emphasis on player development, fundamental skill building, team play, good sportsmanship, and life lessons learned through sport
- Develop prehab and movement prep programs to enhance all players\u2019 skills, reduce injuries and their ability to functionally move for a life skill
- Develop practice schedules, team handouts, and coaches\u2019 playbooks.
- Help train coaches on philosophy and goals of the program
- Help coach kids at camp, team practices, and weekend games
- Evaluate coaches and players on an ongoing basis
- Grow and enhance program value for participants while increasing numbers each season and retaining members
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of technical approaches of how to physically play the game of flag football
- Knowledge of the physical and mental aspects of the game of flag football
- Skilled in all aspects of flag football
- Ability to effectively communicate to players
- Ability to demonstrate flag football techniques
- Ability to build a youth\u2019s confidence in themselves
- Ability to serve as a role model for the kids involved in flag football programs
- Ability to explain when and why certain techniques are used
- Ability to organize a practice schedule and conduct it effectively
This position requires a moderate amount of physical activity, including coaching and instruction in basketball.
Percentages below represent amount of time estimated
Never, Intermittently (0-15%), Occasionally (16-40%), Frequently (41-70%), Continuously (71-100%)
Reach Above Shoulders
Reach at Waist Levels
Reach Below Knees
Lifting \u2013 Maximum #s
At all times, the cast member shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing responsibilities, challenges and deadlines. The cast member shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, members, guests, and supervisors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two (2) years coaching experience preferred
- Previous playing experience is required
Relocation assistance and/or convenient temporary housing will be considered for candidates selected from outside of the Seattle area. We will also consider travel reimbursement for candidates traveling more than 50 miles who are invited for in-person interviews.
PRO Sports Club
Website : http://www.proclub.com/
Since PRO Sports Club first opened its doors in 1973, we've been dedicated to the health and well-being of our members. The club was originally home to the city's NBA team, the Seattle Supersonics. PRO Sports Club has since grown into one of the premier health clubs in the United States. We are continually voted the "Eastside's Best Family Health Club" by Citysearch ranking. Much more than just a health club, our immaculate 272,000 square feet facility is home to a range of sports specific courts, state-of-the-art pools and exercise rooms, restaurants and a resort-style spa. To service the many needs and interests of our members, we offer an exciting variety of programs, classes and activities.