MGM Resorts International
This restaurant concept is part of the branding transformation from Monte Carlo to Park MGM. The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in handling all aspects of the restaurant operation to maintain and develop a high level of guest experience. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures, as well as Park MGM and Hogsalt Brand Standards.
- Demonstrate SHOW basics for Guest Satisfaction.
- Complete knowledge of all products and specifications.
- Develop and implement strategic plan and vision for the division consistent with our strategic vision.
- Provide leadership in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations, and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long-term profitability for Park MGM and Bavettes Steakhouse Las Vegas.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, execution and measurement of guest service standards within the division consistent with the companys core service standards and brand attributes.
- Direct the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Provide leadership for the divisions Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the companys diversity commitment.
- Establish accountability processes for division; ensures compliance with the companys status quo third party representation philosophy, company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Establish positive guest relations with all patrons of the restaurant. Maintains a rapport with guests; complies with all requests and meets guest expectations under supervision and approved in conjunction with the Chefs direction to build a positive reputation and return business.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef in researching and creating new recipes as well as seasonal menus to satisfy guest preferences and expectations, to be approved by Chef . Ensures the guests special culinary requests are met.
- Respond to unusual events or circumstances requiring high-level management attention and informs the VP, Director of Food and Beverage, Director of Restaurants and General Manager of situations requiring his/her attention.
- Further duties not currently listed in this outline may be added at the General Managers discretion.
- Follows and executes the Bavattes and Park MGM Resorts core service standards as outlined in training.
- Follow all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Successful completion of Restaurant Training Program and testing is required.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent Food & Beverage work experience.
- At least 4 year of experience in the hospitality industry and previous experience in Food and Beverage management, scheduling and staffing.
- Ability to access all areas of the facility and travel off property when representing.
- Ability to identify / assess problems and situations, refer to applicable policies and guidelines, identify practical creative options and determine / develop / recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Working knowledge of Food and Beverage division, budgeting, profit and loss statement, labor costs, food and beverage costs, and operation expenses.
- Working knowledge of Steakhouse menu including meats, poultry and seafood and its production.
- Working knowledge of wine and spirits.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor Degree from a 4 year college or university and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Job ID: 91770
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International knows its people are its most valuable asset. We are the worlds premier entertainment and gaming employer. Our resorts offer wonderful places to work and, for those just starting out, we have programs targeted toward helping you launch your career. Contact Info
- 3770 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89109
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
MGM Resorts International
Website : http://www.mgmresorts.com/
The resorts and casinos of MGM Resorts International™ are some of the most famous in the world. Our 23 destinations are renowned for their winning combination of quality entertainment, luxurious facilities and exceptional customer service. We are actively expanding our presence globally, with potential developments in a number of domestic and international markets. At MGM Resorts International, we are all striving together to deliver an enticing blend of entertainment to every corner of the world. Many of our resorts are located in Las Vegas. Las Vegas features three of the largest convention centers in the U.S., spectacular entertainment, attractions, shopping and world-famous resorts. Whether dancing fountains, incredible stage productions, casino action, museums or natural attractions such as Lake Mead, Vegas offers something for everyone. A stroll down our streets takes you around the globe, with recreations like climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower or taking a Venetian gondola ride. From shimmering resort pools and spa rejuvenation to nonstop nightlife, Las Vegas promises an unforgettable career destination.