The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s Athletic Department seeks a qualified Head Softball Coach with integrity, vision, and a commitment to the comprehensive development and success of the program and its individual student-athletes.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Producing and leading a highly successful, championship level Softball team
- Demonstrating a commitment to the safety, welfare, personal development and academic success of student-athletes
- Demonstrating a commitment to and compliance with the principles and bylaws of the
, policies and procedures of the
, the University and the Athletic Department
- Making ethical decisions and sound-level judgment within a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Managing, hiring, and leading a qualified staff of coaches
- Building and managing effective relationships with prospective student-athletes, current student-athletes, university administrators, staff, alumni, donors, community, and other internal and external constituents
- Complying fully with the mission statements of the University and the Department, the Department’s Head Coach Philosophy Statement as well as the principles of “The Pitt Promise”
Minimum Related Experience Level Required
5-6 years experience
Additional Education and/or Experience Essential to the Position
A minimum of 5 years’ coaching experience (preferably at the
Division l or comparable level) are required.
Child Protection Clearances
The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check,
Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check.
Scheduled Work Hours
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If Varied Work Schedule, Please Specify
Work schedule will vary due to games, practices and events
If Part Time, Actual Standard Weekly Hours
The University offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package for all full-time and part-time regular employees including:
• Education benefits and a retirement plan with employer match
• Group medical insurance, life insurance, and optional vision and dental insurance
• Free transit service within Allegheny County for employees of the Oakland campus (Port Authority Transit)
• Time off benefits including vacation, sick and personal time
For more information regarding the University’s benefits package, please visit ****Posting ID