Job ID: 10333
Agency: Department of Social Services; Human Services Center; Acute or Intensive Treatment Unit
Salary: $16.61 per hour, plus $1.00 per hour shift pay, plus $1.50 per hour weekend pay
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit ****
The Mental Health Associate implements and evaluates effective treatment for acutely ill patients in a human services setting with severe and persistent mental illness and/or behavioral disturbances and works with a multi-disciplinary treatment team to provide treatment in a therapeutic environment that promotes achievement of goals during short-term hospitalization.
This position works primarily 2:30 P.M. - 11:00 P.M., including holidays and weekends.
The Human Services Center provides a comprehensive employee orientation including completion of the Certified Nurse Aide (C.N.A.) certification.
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Related experience and/or bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling or a related field is preferred.
* treatment methods;
* behavioral approaches to severe and persistent mental illness;
* behavioral approaches to serious emotional disturbances;
* crisis management;
* principles of basic human behavior across the lifespan;
* therapeutic communication skills;
* CPR and first aid;
* Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) techniques;
* patient's rights.
* deal effectively with patients from diverse ethnic and sociological backgrounds;
* listen to and be empathetic with patients;
* accurately remember and recall oral and written information;
* maintain flexibility while ensuring safety and security in an in-patient psychiatric setting;
* provide individual and/or group crisis and de-escalation interventions;
* lead patients in assigned tasks;
* effectively diffuse potentially explosive confrontations between patients;
* plan and organize work;
* lift 75 pounds;
* relay information regarding patient's behaviors and needs;
* maintain records and prepare reports;
* interpret and follow established policies, operations memoranda, procedures, and guidelines;
* schedule, coordinate and conduct planned treatment programs.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit ****
Apply at: ****
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
An Equal Opportunity Employer