InPlay Sports Data
Soccer Statistics Position
Compensation: $70/game ticket and travel costs reimbursed bonuses for good performance
InPlay Sports Data is looking for part time workers to record statistical information from your local professional and semi-professional soccer leagues. We are looking to train someone ASAP in order for them to be ready for the 2018 season.
Job description - InPlay Sports Reporters attend sporting events and collect statistics live from the venue using their smart phone. At first, you will be trained how to verbally report a match via your personal cell phone to a Call Operator in our InPlay Call Center. Full training on the reporting procedure will be provided and is can be done at your own pace. After you have proven that you comprehend the verbal reporting process, you will be trained on our company-made software that you will be able to access through your smartphones internet browser. Basic training takes between 6-10 hours depending on how quickly you pick up the reporting process.
Pay is based on performance. You will start with a standard game fee and can possibly be deducted for inaccurate or delayed information. You will send the stats in real time and keep basic statistics.
We also pay for your mileage to the stadium, any parking fees and 100 % of the ticket costs including fees and taxes. There are also opportunities for InPlay to pay for airfare or hotel accommodations in unique circumstances such as tournaments.
NOTE: . InPlay reporters sit in the general seating at almost all venues and will not be credentialed media for most leagues.
> You are reliable, committed, organized and honest.
> Above average soccer knowledge with regards to the Laws of the Game and general statistics.
> Availability to cover ALMOST ALL 2018 home games for Reno 1868 FC (USL expansion).
> Regular availability to cover smaller league games and friendlies in your area.
> Possession of TWO mobile phones, one of which has a data plan (one game uses very little data, approximately 5 MBs)
> Regular internet access for training and communication.
> Access to Skype and YouTube for meetings and training tools
Steps for applying:
1) Send your CV/Resume to
. In the subject line, list the city that you are applying and not the city that you live in. Please use the title of the job ad for guidance. Be sure to add
to your list of approved email addresses. InPlay emails are sometimes tagged as spam and our response to your application might not be received otherwise.
2) In your email to
, please answer the following questions:
• Should you be available for ALMOST ALL 2018 Reno 1868 FC (USL expansion) home games?
• How far are you from their stadium? How will you get there (car, bus, etc)?
• How familiar are you with using smartphones or tablets (1-not familiar, 10-very familiar)?
• Would you be interested in also covering teams from lower divisions if they did not conflict with higher priority games?
• Would you be interested in also covering international and club friendlies that are often played in your area?
• What is your background in Soccer? What is your level of knowledge?
• What is your current employment situation? Are you currently looking for or have a full time position?
• Would you have access to TWO different mobile phones for matches, one of which has a data plan?
•Would you be willing to be a backup reporter for larger league games and mainly cover smaller leagues in your area like the NPSL and WPSL? (The pay is the same for any level.)
• What do you foresee your living situation being for the next few years? Could you be moving to a new city in the future?
After evaluating resumes and the answers to our required questions in the applicants email, the responsible Country Manager will select one or more applicants and get in touch about how to begin the training procedure.
Thank you and we hope you will be interested in joining our team at InPlay!
Soccer, MLS, NASL, statistics, sports, stats, Reno 1868 FC, USL
Reno 1868 FC
InPlay Sports Data