Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, this position is responsible for working recreational programs and special events by teaching and leading games and activities, assisting in maintaining equipment and facilities and providing excellent customer service.
Teach and play games with youth during program and positively interact with participants.
Assist with program lesson plans.
Ensure the safety of children at the program site and during planned activities.
Assist in keeping facilities and equipment clean and in good working order.
Ensure all city policies and procedures are followed.
Attend meetings, seminars and other training as needed.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
* Previous experience working with children
* Previous experience playing a sport to be coached
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to lead and motivate children and earn their respect
* Have the knowledge and skill to redirect child behavior.
* Ability to speak in front of a group.
* Must be self-confident, courteous, reliable, dependable and have a positive attitude
* Willing to take initiative
* Must have good problem solving and decision making skills
* Excellent customer service skills including the ability to maintain composure under pressure
* Have tact and diplomacy when providing feedback to participants and other staff
* Ability to develop positive working relationships and maintain a respectful work environment
* Ability to handle stress and/or stressful situations