DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs evaluations of injuries and follows standing orders for treatment and management of the injury or refers the athletes to a physician.
2. Provides safe, effective athletic training appropriate to the athlete`s ability and injury based upon the relevant evidence base.
3. Prepares athletes for practice and competition through the appropriate utilization of braces, bandages, wrapping and taping techniques to prevent injury.
4. Effectively communicates with the athlete, family, physician, and coach regarding the athlete`s ability to return to practice and competition.
5. Provides emergency care within the athletic trainer scope of practice.
6. Works in an integrated manner with the health care team in the provision of exercise and treatment modalities.
7. Participates in marketing events at the directors discretion.
8. Demonstrates the componets of I CARE values statement
9. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards
10. Performs other job-related duties as requested.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college or university, minimum.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 6 months experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current licensure through the Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Must complete Competency Assessment upon hire and on annual basis.
3. Must demonstrate knowledge of preventing, recognizing, assessing, managing, treating, disposing of, and reconditioning athletic injuries under the direction of a physician licensed in this state or another qualified, licensed health professional.
4. Must demonstrate strong clinical reasoning skill within scope of practice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties. APPLY.
Our historic milestones and future innovations are our way of showing our dedication to what matters most: Leading Medicine to keep you healthy. See the difference between practicing medicine and leading it.