connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
The Position Benefits Supplemental Questions
City of Berkeley is accepting applications for Assistant Aquatics Coordinator to fill two temporary, hourly vacancies. This class is responsible for assisting with the organization and direction of City aquatics programs. Incumbents assist in planning, directing, and implementing Citywide water sports and aquatics center activities. Specialized knowledge of advanced swimming techniques and acceptable standards and methods of pool maintenance and water quality control is required. This class is distinguished from Aquatics Coordinator in that the latter has overall supervisory responsibility for City aquatics centers and aquatics programs.
Typical duties include:
* Assists in aquatics center and program planning, organization and implementation
* Recommends staffing, coordinates staff assignments and program scheduling and participates in the recruitment, interviewing, testing and training of new staff
* Completes staff evaluations and organizes training and safety practices sessions
* Writes staff training materials
* Monitors the progress and effectiveness of aquatics programs and recommends necessary improvements
* Updates brochures and poster layouts, prepares mailing lists and arranges for publicity in local media
* Sets up fund raising events and activities such as swim-a-thons
* Organizes and directs volunteers for specialized aquatics programs
* Provides volunteer training and organizes recognition events
* Surveys program participants to develop program feedback
* Monitors the collection and deposit of program receipts
* Handles aquatics section payroll and prepares periodic program reports
* Participates in the preparation of program budgets and quarterly reports
* Monitors supply needs and requisitions necessary supplies, materials and equipment
* Plans, organizes, schedules and staffs aquatics programs and coordinates swim team and program schedules
* Enforces safety and operating procedures; on an assigned basis supervises a City aquatics center and lifeguards as necessary
* Sets up aquatics facility rentals
* Performs pool and pool area maintenance checks for aquatics centers and observes program and staff activities
* Participates in special maintenance and clean up projects
Equivalent to graduation from high school
Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in recreation or aquatics program planning, coordination or leadership which included one (1) year of lead experience in the principles and techniques of effective supervision. College level coursework in recreation, physical education or closely related field may be substituted for the experience on a year for year basis.
Must possess a valid Water Safety Instruction Card which requires an advanced Life Saving Certificate and successful completion of first aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training.
Knowledge and Abilities:Successful applicants will possess the following:
* Aquatics program activities, including swim instruction classes, swim tournaments and aquatics sports
* Water safety and life saving techniques
* Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid techniques
* Modern swimming methods and instruction techniques
* Community aquatics program needs for all ages
* Basic supervisory principles and practices
* Rules and regulations pertaining to pool management and aquatics programs
* Basic principles of first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
* Team sport scheduling, including selection and coordination of team schedules
* Pool maintenance and water chemistry.
* Motivating and providing encouragement for participation in aquatics programs
* Implementing multi faceted aquatics programs
* Identifying community aquatics needs and recommending programs to fulfill them
* Planning, staffing and scheduling aquatics programs and events
* Performing life saving techniques, cardio pulmonary resuscitation and basic first aid
* Exercising sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines
* Preparing clear and complete reports of program activities and other written correspondence
* Maintaining organized and accurate records of swim instruction classes and other aquatics programs
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
Application Process:Applicants must submit the following:
* City of Berkeley Employment Application
* Supplemental Questionnaire
* Copy of Water Safety Instructor Card, advanced Life Saving certificate, and CPR and first aid certificate.
This recruitment is open until the positions are filled. Faxes and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Resumes are not a substitute for a completed application.
The examination process will consist of:
* Review of applications for minimum qualifications for the position.
Applicants passing all examination phases will have their names referred to the hiring department(s) will use to conduct final selection interviews. Hiring Department(s) will **** | ****o |2180 Milvia 1st Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704. Requests can be made via email, phone, or in writing via U.S. mail.
Alternative Application Formats: This application material is available in alternative formats upon request. Alternative formats include audio-format, braille, large print, electronic text, etc. Please contact the ADA Coordinator, 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley | **** | TTY: 1-(510)-981-6347| ****o and allow 7-10 days for production of the material in an alternative format.
The City of Berkeley is an EEO/ADA Employer.