The Assistant Coach, Women’s Golf will assist the Women’s Golf Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising support sports staff, budget management, student athlete mentoring, and ensuring program compliance meets NCAA, conference, and University rules and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Current CPR/AED certification or ability to obtain within two months of employment.
Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the country.
Experience playing golf at the NCAA Division I level.
Experience with effective leadership, communication, coaching, and recruiting skills.
$15,000 per year
Essential Job Duties
• Maintains day to day operations of the women’s golf program.
• Assists with scheduling and set up for daily practice.
• Assists with coaching during tournaments.
• Observes and helps makes corrective coaching
• Assists with team travel arrangements.
• Assists with the daily recruiting efforts and correspondence to potential recruits.
• Assists with year round recruiting at local, state, and national events.
• Arranges logistics for recruiting guest visits.
• Maintains current knowledge of all NCAA rules and must past NCAA recruiting exam.
• Assists with all maintenance and cleaning for team van.
• Attends FGCU athletic functions and meetings.
• Assists with equipment ordering and distribution.
• Provides assistance at summer training camps and clinics.
• Assists with charity functions that involve the golf team.
• Assists with weekly weight training of athletes.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
As a temporary employee, you may not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs (e.g. paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement).