Willow Glen in Bountiful is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and dedicated Recreation Director / Activities Director to join our outstanding team!
The Recreation Director / Activities Director is responsible to ensure the development, organization, and coordination of facility and community resources to provide comprehensive Therapeutic Recreation Services and programs that meet the needs and interests of each resident.
Essential Job Functions include:
Plan Recreation Services
* Interview and assess all residents prior to the initial Care Plan Conference; document this information in the medical record, develop an individual recreation plan based on the assessment and participate in Interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings. Update assessments and plans as needed and as required by state/federal regulations.
* Develop monthly recreation program calendars that reflect and meet the needs of the facility resident population. Communicate facility programs to residents, staff, family and volunteers.
* Manage the facility's Volunteer Program.
* Maintain departmental documentation that reflects services provided and resident progress towards goals.
* Interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and discipline Recreation Services personnel. Make job assignments and set priorities. Orient new staff and participate in recruitment and selection. Keep employees informed of changes that affect them.
* Ensure universal precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed and promptly address any hazardous conditions.
* Maintain records, manage budget and supplies.
* Meet Company policies and state and federal regulations regarding recreation programs.
* Assist the residents in the organization and continued development of a Resident's Council.
Candidates should have current social/recreation program experience as well as a positive attitude! Today's aging population means there's a growing demand for healthcare professionals in post-acute care, and a wave of career opportunities available at Avalon Health Care!
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges and opportunities for personal fulfillment!
Must be eligible for certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or as an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body; or have two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or is a qualified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant; or have completed a training course approved by the State.
* Must hold or acquire state required licenses and/or certifications.
* Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
* Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other employees and personnel of other agencies.
* Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
* Must maintain regular attendance.
* Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
keywords: activity director, activity director, activity director, activity director, cota, cota, cota, cota, ctrs, ctrs, ctrs, ctrs, ctrs,